Cost of Planning Different Types of Events
The cost of event planners in Nigeria depends largely on the type of event you want to have. There are different types of event planners or party planners for different occasions. Some professional event planners can plan any event, while some specialize in one event or the other. In some cases, people take event planning packages that involve only specific parts of the events such as decoration and coordination while outsourcing for catering, music services etc. Event planners could agree to be paid 15 – 20% of the event budget or charge a flat rate.
|Event||Event Planner Cost (500 guests)|
|Corporate Event||₦250,000 – ₦500,000|
|Wedding Party||₦700,000 – ₦1,500,000|
|Children Party||₦250,000 – ₦450,000|
|Birthday Party||₦250,000 – ₦500,000|
|Funeral/Burial ceremony||₦400,000 – ₦850,000|
|Special Themed Party||₦400,000 – ₦850,000|
Table of Contents
- Cost of Planning Different Types of Events
- Things to Consider in Hiring an Event planner
- Factors that Influence the Cost of Event Planners
- Benefits of Hiring an Event Planning Company
- How to Save Money on Event Planning and Management
- Event Planners near me
Corporate event planners are hired for corporate event such as inaugurations, book launch, business meetings and so on. This kind of event is taken seriously because it can highly affect the brand image of a company. The event planner also takes care of the music, coordination, timing, decoration, catering, souvenirs and clean up. On an average corporate event planners charge ₦100,000 to ₦200,000 for 200 guests.
One of the occasions in high demand for an event planner are Weddings. There is usually so much to plan such as decorations, catering, photography, coordination, music, souvenirs, and so on. Moreover, every couple wants their wedding to be perfect, so a wedding planner is usually needed. Wedding planners charge ₦300,000 to ₦500,000 for 200 guests.
Most times, an event planner who specializes in Children parties are hired for these kind of event. It involves, party coordination, music, costume cartoon characters, party packs, children friendly decoration etc. This kind of party planner is needed for children events such as children birthday parties, Children’s day parties, Christmas parties for kids and so on. On an average, children event planners charge ₦100,000 to ₦150,000 for 200 guests.
Birthday events for adults could also be planned by an event planner. So they can plan every aspect of the event according to your style and theme for the party. They usually charge ₦100,000 to ₦200,000 for 200 guests, and higher depending on the size of the party. These event planners have different kind of event planning packages that would suit their client’s taste.
Apart from the fact that planning a funeral after the death of a loved one can be very stressful due to the unavoidable pain of losing someone. Burial ceremonies are a big thing in Nigeria, as it is regarded as the last respect for a loved one. A funeral event planner coordinates the entire program including casket purchase, catering, order of event, music, location and so on. A funeral event planner charges ₦150,000 to ₦300,000 for 200 guests. If you however, want the burial ceremony to really be grand, the party planner can charge you over a million naira depending on how big you want it.
Special Themed Party
People usually want a specific kind of decoration for a themed event as they want to imitate or create an unusual scene. This kind of special themed parties are expensive, due to the amount of decoration used. For example a Star Wars Themed Party or a Halloween Party would cost more than regular events. The price varies, depending on the kind of theme desired. On average an event planner charges ₦150,000 to ₦300,000 for 200 guests in a special themed events.
Things to Consider in Hiring an Event planner
Everyone needs their events to be just right because a poorly organized event gives a bad image either for an individual or an organization. In hiring the right event planner, there are a few things you must consider.
- Budget: You should budget the amount to spend for an event while indicating the amount of money you’re willing to pay an event planner. Your budget would determine your bargaining power, and also help you know whether to outsource friends and family for catering and other organization details in order to reduce cost.
- Reputation: Giving an event planner the task of planning an important event is similar to giving your brand image to the person to manage; any mistake could affect you. Before hiring an event planner, take your time to properly evaluate them. Review the event planner’s portfolio, check out their reputation, and converse with them to be sure you trust them enough to handle your event planning.
- Preference: Your choices on the type of setting you desire should be considered before hiring an event planner. Converse with the event planner clearly on the ideas and vision you have for your event. Ensure they can successfully carry out that vision before hiring them.
- Experience: If you can have access to the number of years, the success of event and number of hires an event planner has, this will give you a better idea of what their experience is like. But if you can’t get that kind of information from close friends and family then you would have to depend on a good website to provide it for you.
Factors that Influence the Cost of Event Planners
The cost of event planners could vary depending on the number of guest, venue, catering service, extra purchase and agreed commission rate.
- Number of guests: The number of people expected to attend your event, affects the amount of planning needed. High number of people would increase the charges of your event planner.
- Venue: In cases where the venue of an event has not been rented, the cost of renting a venue for your event would affect the cost of event planners. The location of your venue matters. If you want to use an event center in Lagos, you will pay more for a venue at lekki than you will pay for a venue at Yaba.
- Extra purchases and rent: The purchase and rent of certain things in other to achieve your event theme could affect the cost of an event planner. Purchase of souvenirs, rent of bouncing castle for kids programs, among others would affect the cost.
- Agreed commission rate/flat rate: Event planners could agree on a flat rate price to plan an event or accept a percentage of the event budget. The commission rate could be 15 – 20% of the event budget, and in this case your budget for your event affects the cost of your event planner.
- Outsourcing: In some cases, people outsource certain parts of an event planning to friends and family in order to save cost. In cases where catering and decoration service is removed from the duty of an event planner, it could reduce the cost. You can also decide to get your hall, video coverage and cake through another vendor to reduce the cost of planning your wedding, anniversary or birthday parties.
Benefits of Hiring an Event Planning Company
There are so many benefits involved in hiring an event planner or event planning company, instead of planning your event by yourself.
- Saves time and eradicates stress: Planning your own event especially a huge event, could feel like a full time job due to the amount of pressure and stress you’ll undergo in order to attain perfection. Hiring an event planning company would help you save time and take the stress and pressure off you. In addition, they add a professional touch to your event, which you may not have attained if you planned it yourself despite the stress. The event planner would not just plan the event, the person is also the event coordinator.
- Complete planning: From the highest to the smallest detail, an event planner would coordinate and plan everything. You won’t need to worry about the food, entertainment, location or decoration. The event planning company takes care of everything for you.
- Professionalism: A professional event planner possesses quality skills to create a good event. There may be mistakes and unprofessional coordination when planning an event yourself. An event planner knows the right music and decoration for the right setting, that you would probably be unaware of. They will know the right event caterer to employ to do the cooking. Hiring an event planner will also save you from dealing with the complexities of planning a successful event.
How to Save money on Event Planning and Management
- Bargain: In order to save money while hiring an event planner, try to bargain for the best price in correlation with your budget. Whether it’s a flat rate or percentage rate payment plan, you could convince your event planner to charge less. You can also decide to choose a less expensive event planning package.
- Outsource: Your event planner doesn’t have to plan the entire occasion. In order to save money, you could ask your friends or family to take care of certain parts of the event, thereby reducing the cost of your event planner. You could also decide to get your own event caterer to reduce cost.
- Flat/commission rate: Flat/commission rate are both good payment plans for your event planner. However, you may need to sit down and evaluate the plan that gives you the cheaper rate based on the size of your event.
- Reduce purchased or rented items: While trying to save cost, try to reduce extra purchases and rentals. If it isn’t completely necessary that you rent certain items, cut them off your plan.
- Reduce the number of guests: More guest equals more planning, and more planning equals more cost for your event planner. Reduce the number of guest, and make your event strictly by invitation.
How do we know these prices?
Thousands of people ask VisCorner for price quotes every year. We track the prices they get from Event Planners and share them with you.