Types of Event Decoration
Event decoration price is something to consider since the decoration is the first impression that is passed to the attendant of a party. It is very important to make the look of the event Centre pass the right impression. Event decoration prices are highly dependent on the desire of the client, the type of event, and the budget of the client. The type of event determines the modality of the decoration:
Table of Contents
- Weddings: Decorations are very important when it comes to weddings, so you’ll want to hire a good decorator for your event. Depending on several things, hiring an event decorator for your wedding costs between ₦150,000 to as high as ₦400,000. Materials needed, size of the wedding hall, and decoration type affects cost. On average, wedding decoration costs around ₦200,000.
- Birthday parties: Birthday party decorations cost less than weddings. Depending on the number of guests and the hall size. Birthday party decorations can cost from ₦50,000 – ₦300,000.
- Baby showers: These are mostly intimate gatherings, and due to the intimacy and smallness of the event, they are probably the least expensive. Baby shower decorations costs between ₦25,000 and ₦150,000.
- Bridal showers: Depending on the theme the event is going for, and the props needed, hiring an event decorator for bridal showers costs between ₦50,000 and ₦300,000.
- Anniversaries: It can include wedding and company anniversaries but is not limited to this. It is usually a big event if it has to include or needs an event decorator. Anniversaries can cost between ₦100,000 and ₦300,000.
- Corporate events: This includes conferences, business dinners, business parties, and so on. Hiring a corporate event decorator can cost between ₦100,000 to ₦500,000 depending on the props needed, and the type of decoration to be done.
- Burial ceremonies: Similarly, depending on how flamboyant or small the ceremony will be, hiring an event decorator for a burial can cost from as little as ₦30,000 to as high as ₦500,000.
What Influences an Event Decoration Price?
Event decoration price is usually influenced by the following:
- Event type: Wedding decoration costs more than decorating for other events. Everyone tries to make a wedding unforgettable, and the decoration of the wedding hall will affect how memorable the wedding will be. Wedding decoration is usually the most expensive.
- Rates: Some wedding decorators charge an hourly rate, and these rates can range from ₦21,000 – ₦29,000.
- Guest: The number of guests to be catered to at an event affects the charges of an event decorator. The higher the number of guests, the higher the number of props or rental items to be used. Similarly, this will affect the price of the event decorator.
- Type of decoration: Depending on the type of items, details, or custom pieces you want at your event, the event decorator charges higher because of the time & cost it will take to find or make the items needed for the event. So the lower the number of custom items needed for the event, the lesser the charge.
- Level of expertise: The cost of hiring depends on the level of professionalism of the decorator. A professional in the field charges at least ₦200,000.
- Location: Event location factors into the cost. Transporting items to the location of an event play a role, and some locations may require more decoration items than others. E.g. beach events. In affluent areas such as Ikoyi, Lekki, VGC, and Victoria Island, event decoration cost is higher than in less affluent areas on the mainland. It is advisable to find event decorators near you to reduce costs.
Wedding Hall Packages
Wedding hall comes in different sizes, and this usually determines the type of package event decorators offer. Since a wedding is assumed to be a one-time thing, people that stay in major cities like Lagos, Abuja, Port-Harcourt, etc. really go after impressing their guests. This allows event planners to offer a Grand package for a small number of guests.
|Wedding Packages||Price Range (150-200 guests)||What it Covers|
|Basic Package||₦150,000 – ₦200,000||-Bridal chair and table
-Chair and table covers
-Stage setup and flowers including candles, crystals, flowers, etc.
-Walkway props and backdrop
-Drapery and styling
|Medium Package||₦300,000 – ₦400,000||-It comes with everything in the Basic package plus:
-Flowers at other places aside from the stage
|Luxe Package||₦500,000 – ₦600,000||-It comes with everything in the Medium package plus:
-Ceremony archway (popular at beach weddings, can be decorated with flowers or drapery materials)
-Hanging lanterns with LED lights
-Gold table runners etc.
Note: Prices can be higher or lower depending on hall size, number of guests, flowers (fresh ones cost higher than synthetic ones), etc. There are different halls available in Lagos that you can use.
What to Look for When Hiring an Event Decorator
- Past events: Before hiring an event decorator, ask for a portfolio, or images of works previously done so you can get the best event decorator available.
- Get estimates from decorators: Similarly, when hiring an event decorator, estimate a budget or the cost you are willing to assign to decorating, then get estimates from different decorators for the event and decide who can fit into your budget, and who you are willing to stretch your budget for. You can get free estimates on VisCorner.com
- What to expect with the price being charged: Getting someone who fits into your budget isn’t enough, it’s important to know what deliverables to expect, or what to expect for the package you’re paying for. Doing this will help you know what to expect and avoid disappointment in your decoration on the event day.
How to Save Money When Hiring an Event Decorator
- Get a budget: Estimate your budget and know how much you’re willing to spend on hiring an event decorator. This will help you not to overspend on decoration.
- Compare prices: Before settling on an event decorator, be sure to meet different ones, get their different quotes, compare them with your budget, and find one that is within your budget, or maybe even below. It will help you save money as getting prices from several event decorators will help you find something within your price range.
- Consider new businesses: Consider hiring event decorators who are new to the scene, those who haven’t fully been established in the business. They are more willing to negotiate prices to suit your price range, and they are also willing to impress with the decoration to gain clients.
- Timing: Fixing your event in seasons that aren’t crawling with parties will help you save money as event decorators will not be so busy. Having events in months like January, August, etc. may enable you to save costs.
How do we know these prices?
Thousands of people ask VisCorner for price quotes every year. We track the prices they get from Event Decorators and share them with you.