Table of Contents
The Cost of the Bridal Makeup
The bride is arguably the most important person in a wedding. She has to look perfect for her wedding, the bridesmaid and attendee’s looks are secondary. Professional wedding makeup artist usually charge ₦20,000 to ₦50,000 for the bridal makeup. On this package, the bridal train would have to sort out their hair and makeup themselves. The bride has the option to select the kind of products she wants and she can include her hair and other add-ons to her wedding makeup, although other add-ons could increase the cost. If the bride wants a high ranking makeup artist in Nigeria, her wedding makeup would cost about ₦50,000 to ₦70,000.
|Hair||₦5,000 – ₦20,000|
|Manicure||₦2,000 – ₦5,000|
|Pedicure||₦2,000 – ₦5,000|
|Lashes||₦500 – ₦3,000|
The Cost of the Bride and Bridal Crew’s Makeup
If you want the entire crew on your wedding to also have the perfect look, the cost tends to be a lot higher than when it’s just for the bride. On average, makeup artists charge ₦100,000 to ₦250,000 for the bride and bridesmaid makeup. The cost largely depends on the amount of people involved. If your bridal train has over 6 people the price could be higher. People also include the couple’s parents and family members in this kind of makeup arrangement and this would also increase the price of your wedding makeup. However, the important thing in this arrangement is good bargaining. Try to bargain for the best price that fits into your budget and cut down certain add-ons in order to reduce the price.
|Number of people||Makeup artist in Nigeria|
|6 bridesmaid and bride||₦100,000 – ₦250,000|
|7-12 bridesmaids and bride||₦200,000 – ₦350,000|
|Couple’s parents (2 people)||₦15,000 – ₦30,000|
|Family members (2-4 people)||₦15,000 – ₦40,000|
Things to Consider in Hiring a Wedding Makeup Artist
- Budget: Firstly, consider your budget. Planning a wedding costs a lot of money and you must be sure of the kind of wedding makeup plan that would fit into your budget. It could be the bride’s only package, the bride and bridesmaid or the makeups done by renowned artists. Your budget would help you streamline the kind of makeup artist you’re looking for and help your bargaining skills.
- Reputation: On this special day, you would want to feel comfortable and have a level of peace when it comes to your look. To achieve this, you’ll need to check out the portfolio and reviews of your potential makeup artist. Look through their past wedding makeups and see if you’ll be comfortable and happy, wearing something similar.
- Preferences: Another thing to consider is your preference. If you are loyal to just one brand of makeup product or you know the kind of products you want your makeup artist to use, you need to communicate it with your potential makeup artist before hiring. Your preference on products could also affect the cost of your wedding makeup artist.
- Location: Another thing to consider is your location, and that of your makeup artist. Bearing in mind that the travel cost of your makeup artist and accommodation (if needed) would be on your bill. You need to consider if getting an artist outside your city and town would be the best option for you or if a wedding makeup artist around you, would do just fine. If you stay in Lagos then it is cost-effective to use a makeup artist in Lagos.
- Add-ons: In hiring a makeup artist, you need to know if you’ll like to add lashes, hair, nails among others or you want your artist to focus on just your face. Getting the same person to do your manicure, pedicure, hair and makeup could save you the stress of hiring multiple people but it would also incur more cost.
Benefits of Hiring a Wedding Make-Up Artist
- Peace of mind: The most important benefit is the peace of mind you’ll get. Doing your own makeup could make you a little bit more tensed on how you look and this anxiety, could make your makeup come out wrong. When using a professional artist you’re comfortable with, you’ll get a level of peace knowing that you’ll look beautiful for your wedding.
- Better makeup: The difference between a self-done makeup and a professionally done makeup is very obvious, especially in pictures. You’ll get more beautiful and professional looking pictures when your makeup is done by a professional.
- Skills: A professional makeup artist has better skills and knows the right amount of products to use for your skin type and color. Wrong application of products could cause skin irritation or make it come out wrong with one side brighter or darker than the other. Hiring a makeup artist helps you use the right product in the right quantity thereby giving you the perfect look.
- No mistakes: The last thing you want on your wedding day is making mistakes. You have to be the most beautiful person in the room; as the bride. Wearing your makeup yourself could also cause mistakes that could be time consuming in correcting. You can also request for a trial makeup to see what you will look on your day. This rules out every room for mistakes and allows you to have a picture of how perfect your look would be on your wedding day.
How to Save Money on Wedding Makeup
If you have a tight budget for your wedding, there are things you may need to cut down on or things you need to do to get good service at an affordable price.
- Cut all add-ons: Add-ons such as hair-do, lashes, pedicure and manicure should be cut off. You can always get a friend or a regular stylist to do them at cheaper prices. Professional make-up artists charge a lot for extra add-ons.
- Bargain: If you’re using a tight budget, you may also need to do a lot of bargaining. If you’re not so good at bargaining, call a friend or family member to help you out. The goal is to get the best possible price for your wedding makeup.
- Bridal makeup: In other to cut down on cost, you could tell your bridesmaid to sort out their makeup themselves or pay a subsidized amount for their makeup just as they pay for aso-ebi in order to save cost. They would gladly support you with a little token for their makeup.
- Avoid transport cost: In order to save money on your wedding makeup, it is advisable that you get a professional makeup artist within your vicinity. The cost of travel and accommodation may also affect your budget drastically if you get a makeup artist from a different city.
How do we know these prices?
Thousands of people ask VisCorner for price quotes every year. We track the prices they get from Wedding Makeup Artists and share them with you.