Pest Control Services
Pest control means the act of removing and killing all animal pests in a particular place. Such pests include rats, mice, cockroaches, house flies etc. Fumigation on the other hand, is one of the methods of pest control. It is recommended that at least once every year, a person should fumigate his or her home. Being a tropical country, many Nigerian residents have to deal with pests, hence the need for pest control services.
Thankfully, fumigation services have become readily available for all. There are different types of packages that you can opt for depending on the fumigation company. These packages cost different prices. Sometimes you may have a cockroach endemic and decide to only treat that. The cost for such may not be as much as for a rat-infested house. Other times, one can do general fumigation in the home and the price for this is also different.
Fumigation is actually very important, especially for health reasons. It’s also very embarrassing to have pests and rodents running around the house in the presence of guests. It is very common for people to try to get rid of pests on their own, by buying all kinds of poison and setting traps. This is however not a sustainable way to get rid of pests. The best way is to use pest control services. Pest control services in Nigeria can range from ₦5,000 to ₦100,000 upwards depending on the size of the space and many factors.
Table of Contents
House Fumigation Cost
Fumigation cost in Nigeria is not fixed. Many factors will be considered by the fumigation company in billing you for their services. These factors include the size of the house. The bigger the house, the costlier the amount to fumigate all the rooms. For instance, fumigation price for a one-bedroom apartment, is relatively lower than for bigger spaces. Another factor that may be considered is the type of space. House fumigation cost will surely be different from office space fumigation cost. The cost of fumigation for a one-bedroom apartment is usually between ₦5,000 to ₦10,000. The fumigation price for a two-bedroom apartment can range between ₦10,000 – ₦15,000. Sometimes location also determines house fumigation cost.
Fumigation Services Prices
Every fumigation company has their own fumigation price list. The level of expertise that each company brings forms an important part of what their price list will look like. However, based on general industry practices, these are common prices for fumigation in Nigeria.
|Size of the Space||Cost|
|1 bedroom flat||₦5,000 – ₦10,000|
|2 bedroom flat||₦10,000 – ₦15,000|
|3 bedroom flat||₦14,000 – ₦20,000|
|4 bedroom flat||₦18,000 – ₦30,000|
|5 bedroom flat||₦21,000 – ₦35,000|
|Half duplex||₦20,000 – ₦30,000|
|Full duplex||₦25,000 – ₦40,000|
|Small office space||₦20,000 – ₦40,000|
|Big office space||₦40,000 – ₦100,000|
What is the Fumigation Process Like?
After contracting the services of a fumigation company, the next thing to do is to prepare for their coming. To ensure that you get the best out of the process, the following are some precautionary and preparatory steps to take;
- Arrange all your clothes and books neatly in a box.
- Remove all food items and edibles from the house, including everything in your fridge (since all electrical appliances will be off and you will not spend the night there).
- Avoid fumigating water sources to prevent contamination.
- Avoid staying at the house while fumigation is ongoing unless you’re in a safety gear.
- Do not sleep in the house that same day. It is advised to move back in 2 -3 after fumigation.
What Happens After Fumigation Is Over?
After the fumes and the harsh smell of the chemicals have reduced, you can now go back to your home. Upon entering your home after fumigation, you are highly likely to see dead rodents, cockroaches, flies and all other common household pests.
Your work then is to sweep and pack up these dead pests and dispose of them carefully. Extra care is advised where there are children in the home. A cleaning phase comes next, where you sweep, mop, and clean surfaces with a good disinfectant. If you are too busy to do this, you can consider hiring the services of a cleaning company.
Once cleaning is done, you can now arrange all your things back into their positions. Going forward, to reduce the number of times you call for pest control services, it’s important to keep every corner of your house as clean as possible.
How To Hire a Good Fumigation Company
Below are 6 tips you can use to hire a good fumigation company:
- Clientele base: A fumigation company with a large clientele base often signifies either affordability or efficiency.
- Expertise: Sometimes a fumigation company may decide to base their expertise on office space fumigation, while other on house fumigation. You can look out for this when choosing which fumigation services to use.
- Cost and affordability: Fumigation cost in Nigeria differs from company to company. When choosing a fumigation company, consider what your budget is. Due to the presence of many fumigation companies, fumigation prices in Lagos are quite affordable.
- Referral or review by previous clients: It’s easier to trust feedback gotten from your friends who have used a fumigation company before. Also, if the company has an online presence, check out their client reviews and testimonials.
- Legally registered: Make sure the fumigation company is legally registered. This shows a high level of professionalism and creates a sense of security for you. Avoid hiring a fumigation company that is not registered. Do not compromise on your safety, even if the price seems cheaper than other fumigation companies.
- Check the chemicals to be used: If you have very sensitive skin or you are allergic to some chemicals, ensure to check before fumigation. Also, if you have a furniture that may get damaged by using certain chemicals on it, do a check as well.
How To Save Money on Fumigation
Here are some tips you can use to save money on fumigation:
- Look out for discounts: To cut cost on fumigation, look out for discount offers and promos. This is very common during festive seasons where companies slash their normal prices for goods and services. Diligently search for fumigation companies that reduce the cost of their services during this period.
- Endeavor to maintain your surroundings: To reduce fumigation cost, you should keep your surroundings cleaner to prevent pest attraction. If you own an office space, consider doing regular cleaning to avoid pest infestation.
- Compare prices of service providers: Before choosing a fumigation company, search and contact different fumigation companies. Compare the prices of each company and then choose the one that helps you save cost.
- Look out for long term relationships: This is advised for corporate organizations when trying to save cost on fumigation services. Establish a relationship with the fumigation company and propose a long-term use of their services. This will help you get the best price from them.
How do we know these prices?
Thousands of people ask VisCorner for price quotes every year. We track the prices they get from Fumigation Companies and share them with you.