Cost of Delivery Services Within Lagos
The cost of delivery within Lagos is ₦700 – ₦3,000 on an average using a dispatch rider. Deliveries within Lagos could be mainland to mainland, Island to Island, Island to mainland, or Mainland to Island. Usually delivering parcels from the mainland to island or vice-versa is more expensive than within the same vicinity. However, the size of the parcel could skyrocket the cost of your delivery. This type of delivery is usually done by dispatch riders when the parcel is small.
Deliveries within Lagos Mainland or Island cost ₦700 to ₦1,500, while deliveries from Lagos Mainland to Island or vice versa costs ₦1,000 to ₦3,000 for parcels of 5kg or less. Deliveries within Lagos could be done within the same day or take 1-3 days depending on the delivery company.
Table of Contents
Cost of Interstate Delivery
Moving Items from one state to another costs ₦2,000 to ₦15,000 per parcel of 5kg or less on an average. This includes; food delivery, phone delivery, small chops delivery, gadgets delivery and accessory delivery. Interstate deliveries usually take 3-14 days depending on the location and size of the item. Heavier items usually cost higher and take longer period to deliver. Not all delivery companies make interstate deliveries due to the distance, some companies who make interstate deliveries may have high costs.
|Lagos – Abuja||₦2,000 – ₦5,000|
|Lagos – Port-harcout||₦3,000 – ₦6,000|
|Lagos – Kano||₦4,000 – ₦7,000|
|Lagos – Ibadan||₦1,500 – ₦4,000|
|Lagos – Uyo||₦3,000 – ₦6,000|
|Abuja – Lagos||₦2,500 – ₦5,000|
|Abuja – Port-harcout||₦4,000 – ₦7,000|
|Abuja – Kano||₦3,500 – ₦6,000|
|Abuja – Ibadan||₦3,000 – ₦5,500|
|Abuja – Benin||₦3,500 – ₦6,000|
|Port-harcout – Lagos||₦3,000 – ₦4,500|
|Port-harcout – Abuja||₦4,000 – ₦7,000|
|Port-harcout – Calabar||₦3,000 – ₦4,500|
|Port-harcout – Enugu||₦3,000 – ₦4,500|
|Port-harcout – Kaduna||₦4,000 – ₦8,000|
What Affects The Cost of Hiring a Delivery Company?
- Size of item: The size of the parcel you want delivered is a major factor in the cost of a delivery company. Items higher than 5kg are usually given additional cost depending on the delivery company. Heavy items like refrigerators and generators have to be delivered with delivery trucks and not dispatch riders, hence the additional cost.
- Location: The location of the company or the pickup location and the delivery location affects the cost of hiring a delivery company. Delivery from one state to another is usually more costly than delivery within a state. Also, deliveries to remote areas or villages could be more costly due to the roads and distance to such areas. This kind of deliveries are usually done with delivery vans or delivery trucks, to cover large distances.
- Number of items: The number of items you want delivered also affects the cost of the delivery company. Delivery of more items to different locations would come with a little discount that reduces the cost. However, not all companies offer this discount, you can request the discount for multiple deliveries.
- Pickup and delivery: Parcels are usually picked up from your location, then delivered to your desired address. However, if you bring your parcel to the delivery company directly, it could affect the cost of the delivery service. You can request for a reduction in price when pickup is eliminated.
- Destination: The accessibility to the place you want to deliver your parcel also matters. The delivery to Lekki or Victoria Island in Lagos is relatively cheaper when compared to delivery to Ojo or Ikorodu.
Things to Consider in Hiring a Delivery Company
- Reputation: Before Hiring a delivery company for either personal use of for your business, you need to be sure that they have a good reputation. Similarly, read reviews on them, and find out if they’ve had wrong delivery issues or missing items. Be sure you are comfortable and confident with their delivery service.
- Location: The location of the delivery company is also something to consider. It’s advisable to get delivery companies close to you. This would help you in cases of mistake in delivery address or other issues.
- Tracking capability: Tracking capability is a factor people don’t usually consider when picking a delivery company. You will not find this important until your parcel is stuck in the middle of nowhere and you have no way of finding out. The next time you are picking a long distance delivery, you should consider companies with tracking ability.
- Policies: Before hiring a delivery company, you’ll need to look at the policy or terms and conditions of the company. Ensure that their terms are favorable to you or your business. There could be policies on wrong address, misplacing or breakage of items among others. Also, ensure that their customer service is top-notch in delivering parcels to your clients or friends.
- Time: You also need to consider the time range they offer for deliveries either within the state or interstate. Some delivery companies take longer time in delivery than others. Deliveries could also be made within the same day of pick-up or take a few days. Consider the time you want your parcel delivered when hiring a delivery company.
Benefits of Hiring a Delivery Company
- Ease of delivery: Hiring a Delivery company makes it easy for you to deliver your goods from one location to another. It would take the stress off you in moving from one place to another. You’ll be able to make deliveries to different states in the country without any stress.
- Eradication of time waste: When moving your goods yourself, you could end up getting stuck in traffic and end up spending so much time, just to make one delivery. Hiring a delivery company helps in saving time. They take the pain off you.
- Lesser case of lost items or breakage: If you make use of the alternative of sending parcels through vehicles at the parks, you’ll be charged, and your item will not be safe. There is a higher possibility of losing an item through these means. Delivery companies help protect your parcels especially fragile items, and in cases of loss or breakage, they bear the cost of damages.
- Multiple deliveries: Making use of delivery companies helps when making multiple deliveries. You can easily make multiple deliveries to clients all over the country. It would be difficult for you to make those deliveries by yourself, even if you have a car.
- Good customer service: Another benefit you’ll enjoy by using delivery companies is their excellent customer service. For you and your client, they show reliability and trustworthiness.
- Professionalism: Another benefit is Professionalism. Your friends or customers would feel better seeing a delivery company delivering their items in good conditions and good service, than seeing you sweaty and tired. Delivery companies offer a level of professionalism.
How to Save Money on Deliveries
- Bargain: One way to save money on delivery companies is to bargain. Try to bargain for the best price you can get. However, you may not be able to bargain so much for single items.
- Pickup/Deliveries: To save money, you can drop off your items by yourself at the delivery companies and request a reduction in price. Delivery companies charge for both pickup and deliveries, so dropping the items to the company will reduce the price of deliveries.
- Reduction in weight of items: Heavier items cost more than other items. You can repackage your items to reduce the weight. You can remove papers or packaging materials that are heavy. Proper packaging can hence reduce the weight and hence the price of delivery.
- Multiple deliveries: Another way to save money is through multiple deliveries. Multiple deliveries usually attract discounts from delivery companies. In other to save money, you could send out all your deliveries in one day. Although this may delay the delivery date for your customers, or friends, it will reduce the cost of your delivery.
How do we know these prices?
Thousands of people ask VisCorner for price quotes every year. We track the prices they get from Delivery Men and share them with you.